Collection and Use of Personal Information
Here are some examples of the types of personal information CDA may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect:
- When you create an CDA account, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, download a software update, register for an event at an CDA, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, banking and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using CDA products, or invite others to participate in CDA services or forums, CDA may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. CDA will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances including when setting up a wireless account and activating your device, for the purpose of extending credit, managing reservations, or as required by law.
How we use your personal information:
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on CDA’s latest product announcements, updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by logging into Owner or Resident Portal or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of CDA account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with CDA, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve CDA’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose.
The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an CDA product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps. If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Cookies and Other Technologies
We treat information collected by cookies and other technologies as nonpersonal information. However, to the extent that Internet Protocol (IP) addresses or similar identifiers are considered personal information by local law, we also treat these identifiers as personal information.
Ads that are delivered by CDA’s advertising platform may appear in CDA newsletters, blogs and in other mediums. If you do not wish to receive ads targeted to your interests from CDA'S advertising platform, you can choose to enable Limit Ad Tracking, which will opt your CDA account out of receiving such ads regardless of what device you are using. If you enable Limit Ad Tracking on your mobile device, third-party apps cannot use the Advertising Identifier, a non-Personal device identifier, to serve you targeted ads. You may still see ads on our site based on context like your search query or the channel you are reading. In third-party apps, you may see ads based on other information.
If you want to disable cookies check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the CDA website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. CDA may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the CDA website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Disclosure to Third Parties
At times CDA may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with CDA to provide products and services, or that help CDA market to customers. For example, when you fill out a rental application, you authorize CDA and third parties the information you provide during the application process to carry out service. Personal information will only be shared by CDA to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
CDA shares personal information with companies who provide services such as application processing, background screening, credit reporting, managing rentals, information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever CDA operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for CDA to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Protection of Personal Information
CDA takes the security of your personal information very seriously. CDA online services such as the CDA Owner and Tenant Portals protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by CDA, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures. Other data is stored in encrypted form including when we utilize third-party storage.
When you use some CDA products, services, or applications or post on an CDA blog, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at Owner or Resident Portal. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if CDA is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through email by contacting email@example.com
To provide location-based services on CDA products and services, CDA and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your CDA computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by CDA and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services.
ThirdParty Sites and Services
CDA websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties − for example, a thirdparty IDX feeds from the mls. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to CDA employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
CDA Properties Inc.
Roost Property Management
8813 S Redwood Road, Suite D1
West Jordan, UT 84088